We asked a sample of community groups that have been delivering a Lottery-funded Community Spaces project what they have learned from their involvement in the programme. Key lessons learnt were:
- Be clear from the outset what you want your project to achieve.
- Get all the paperwork together and take the time to read it properly.
- Be realistic about costings, resources and time for planning, developing and delivering the project.
- Consultation is imperative as well as keeping partners and beneficiaries up to date with what’s happening.
- Get as much support as you can from experienced organisations, such as a Groundwork Trust, and build good relationships with councillors and officers.
- Make best use of the Facilitator.
What has your experience been of delivering a Community Spaces project? Please feel free to share your comments using the box below.